Flax seeds have been included in the diet since centuries, although, these seeds have gained popularity in recent times. Flax seeds are packed with superpowers and contain nutrients like Fiber, Omega-3 Fatty Acids along with minerals like Calcium, Potassium and magnesium. These versatile seeds help control blood sugar, lower blood cholesterol and blood pressure, improve digestion, help in weight loss and fight cancer.
These superfoods are also not difficult to find. They are stocked on the shelves of almost all the supermarkets and can be easily incorporated in one’s everyday diet. Now, if you are wondering how can you use flax seeds in your everyday diet, well fret not. We are here to tell you exactly how you can stay healthy and eat these superfoods every single day.
- Blend flax seeds in your smoothies.
- Plainly sprinkle flax seeds on your cold cereal or hot oatmeal and enjoy your healthy breakfast.
- Blend flax seeds. Mix powdered form of ground flax seeds on sandwiches with mustard spread or mayonnaise.
- Use flax seeds for your salad dressings. Toss your salad with whole or ground flax seeds.
- Top your fruit and yoghurt with 1tsp of ground flax seeds.